Back to top
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Maranoa, Queensland, 2016.
- Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources from 20.12.17 to 29.5.2019.
- Cabinet Minister from 20.12.2017.
- Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Drought Preparation and Response from 26.11.2018 to 25.1.2019.
- Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Drought Preparation and Response from 2.3.2019 to 29.5.2019.
- Minister for Water Resources, Drought, Rural Finance, Natural Disaster and Emergency Management from 29.5.2019.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 14.9.2016.
- House of Representatives Standing: Communications and the Arts from 14.9.2016; Industry, Innovation, Science and Resources from 14.9.2016.
- Chairman of the Liberal National Party Maranoa Divisional Council.
- Chairman of the Liberal National Party Southern Downs Electorate Council.
- Born 4.9.1976, Chinchilla, Australia
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Cotton Chipping, 1993
- Banking and finance roles, 1994-2016
- Location: central and south-western Queensland; it includes the towns of Charleville, Chinchilla, Cunnamulla, Dalby, Goondiwindi, Kingaroy, Miles, Roma, St George, Stanthorpe, Tara, Thargomindah and Warwick.
- Area: 731,297 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 102,780 (at 2.7.2016)
- Industries: mainly primary production including coal, oil, gas, orchards, cotton, grain, cattle and sheep.